What is hydrovacing?
- Can safely replace hand-digging in the hand expose zone.
- Combines water pressure and a vacuum to excavate.
- Suits all sizes of projects.
- Fast, easy and safe when done properly.
- Works well during frozen ground conditions.
- Use a wand tip and suction hose covered with Teflon® or rubber.
- Keep wand in motion at all times, with the wand tip at least 0.3 metres (one foot) from the line.
- The wand tip should have a three-jet tip or an agitating spinner assembly.
- Do not exceed pressures of 1,500 PSI or temperatures of 60ºC.
- Reduce pressure to finish exposing the gas line.
- Damage to the pipe or coating must be reported to ATCO Gas.
- Must carry a Material Safety Data Sheet(MSDS) for natural gas and be aware of emergency procedures.
- Cover and barricade all open holes and excavations.
- Responsible for the public’s safety until inspection and backfilling is complete.
- Responsible for major damage to a natural gas line – including costs of repair, gas loss, customer re-lights, and emergency response.
- Minor damage to the gas line coating will be repaired at no charge to the contractor.
- Must contact ATCO Gas immediately if damage occurs.