2017 has started off strong in Foremost’s Hydrovac product line. In 2016 Foremost completed an average of 20 units per quarter, but in Q1 – 2017, 35 units were completed.
The increase in demand has come from:
- Infrastructure spending has drove up US demand
- New medium-sized, road-law compliant Rival design has grabbed the market by storm
- Canadian and Local demand has started to improve from oil price collapse
While 35 units is impressive, our team is already shooting for 45 Hydrovac Trucks a quarter and expect to accomplish this in the very near future!
Increasing throughput from 20 hydrovacs to 45 has taken a lot of effort from our talented and dedicated team. Through their efforts we have:
- Reconfigured weld shop to allow increased throughput
- Ramped up the supply chain
- Increased production staff by almost 50%
- Refined painting processes and introduced weekend shift
We are extremely proud of our Hydrovac Truck Team and how they have responded to market demands in a timely and positive manner. Thank you to all involved for your diligent efforts and great work being done. Keep it up!